Bringing pets to Tottergill Farm
At Tottergill we aim to provide high quality, luxury accommodation for our guests to enjoy. We enjoy meeting the different needs of our guests including a selection of both pet free and pet-friendly holiday cottages. There aren’t many luxury pet-friendly cottages out there and we pride ourselves on maintaining high standard accommodation for pet owners who enjoy bringing their 4-legged friends with them and avoiding having to find them a separate holiday destination of their own while you go away. For this to work for everyone we have a “Doggy Guest Code of Conduct” found below.
8 of our 10 cottages are pet-friendly, details of these can be found on our Cottages at a Glance page. We have a maximum of 2 well behaved dogs in each of these. Dogs must be booked in at the same time as booking your holiday, with a small charge of £30 per pet. We aim to make yours and your dogs stay as enjoyable as possible and so we provide the following for your time with us:
- Doggy Treats on arrival – a little pick me up for after the journey
- Maps and guides for lots of walks from your front door as well as further afield
- Outside tap and pet towels provided for after your adventures
- List of dog friendly pubs
- Outside bin for bagged dog mess
- Stair gates available on request to help keep your explorer out of bedroom areas
- Contact information for local vets and pet supply shops
As part of your booking you are required to accept our Terms & Conditions which also includes agreeing to keep to our “Doggy Code of Conduct” which is essential in keeping our cottages in pristine, clean condition for all of our guests.
Doggy Code of Conduct:
- We ask that your dog(s) be kept on a lead in the yard, you are more than welcome to let them stretch their legs off their lead in your cottage’s own enclosed garden.
- Please be aware that we do have a timid cat who likes to keep herself to herself and is generally very nervous around dogs.
- Our cottages are surrounded by fields and from 1 April to 1 December are grazed by sheep and lambs. It is very important that dogs are kept on a lead when walking through the fields.
- Dogs are not allowed on furniture or in bedrooms and on beds in the cottages. Stair gates can be provided on request to help control where your dog is free to wander in the cottage. An extra cleaning fee will be charged where there is evidence of pets being on beds and/or furniture.
- If you are part of a group booking your dog(s) must remain in the cottage they have been booked into. If you wish for your dog to be able to go in and out of the additional cottages that are part of your booking, the £30 pet fee will need to be made for those bookings too as additional cleaning will be necessary. This of course will mean ensuring other cottages in your booking are also pet-friendly.
- Pets must be booked and paid for in advance. Any dogs arriving not by prior arrangement will need to be accommodated in a local kennel.
- Dogs are not allowed to be left unattended in your cottage unless you bring your own cage for pets that are unlikely to bark and disturb other guests. A list of walks as well as pet friendly pubs is provided to help you plan on taking your dog(s) with you when you go out.
- We regret that “chatty dogs” who bark and are therefore likely to disturb guests in neighboring cottages are not welcome at Tottergill Farm.
- When returning from adventures with a muddy dog, please use the outside tap and pet towels provided to clean off your dog(s) before allowing them back in the cottage. Under no circumstances must white guest towels be used for pets.
- Please pick up pet mess when out with your dog, including in cottage gardens, the courtyard, lane and surrounding fields as these are also for the enjoyment of other guests. Outside bins are provided by each cottage for disposal of bagged pet mess.
- Dogs will enjoy stretching their legs off their lead in each cottage’s enclosed garden. Please make sure that gates are closed to ensure your pet is contained and under your supervision. You should check your pet is safely enclosed in your garden before leaving it unattended.
- If your dog(s) or puppy chews or damages furniture, carpets, bed linen etc and it is not possible for us to clean or repair them in keeping with our high standards, you will be responsible for the costs incurred in replacing damaged/stained items.
- When walking with your dog you must obey the Countryside Code and keep your dog(s) under close control at all times for their own safety as well as the comfort of others
- On your departure, please leave the cottage as you would wish to find it. Excessive cleaning will incur an additional £50 fee.